- Maintain system of accounts and provide financial reports
- Prepare the financial operating statements and reports in accordance with Policy and Procedures.
- Maintain system of accounts and controls providing accurate data necessary for all required accounting reports and statements.
- Prepare and post journal entries, ensuring efficient completions of all month-end functions.
- Monitor, supervise and prepare month-end balance sheet account reconciliation and analysis.
- Verify recorded transactions and report irregularities to management.
- Providing direction to the night audit team so as to ensure proper revenue reporting.
- Reviewing all ledger details guest ledger, city ledger and deposit ledgers to validate proper payment and revenue posting.
- If any imbalance or difference found on the ledger then co-ordinate with the PMS team to resolving the same.
- Review the postings, payments, revenue and guest balance reports on a daily basis.
- Ensure correct taxation are applied on all billing software like Property Management systems (PMS), Point of Sale (POS).
- Review the Accounts Receivable (A/R) Ageing reports on a daily basis.
- Check customers credit ratings and Flag accounts as ‘Black listed’ for long outstanding or defaulter accounts.
- Forecasting cash payments and anticipating challenges arising from limited cash flow.
- Ensuring that cash flows are adequate to allow business units to operate effectively.
- Maintains files of all contracts, insurance policies, tax reports, expenses, payroll, etc.
- Maintaining and transferring money between bank accounts as required.
- Performing numerical analysis of data and formulating conclusions and/or solutions.
- Preparing financial reports and submissions to relevant government entities.
- Monitors and contains all property inventories to ensure proper levels without causing burdens on property cash flows.
- Effectively manage the accounting team through respectful communication, clear expectations, relevant training, productive coaching, regular meetings, and appropriate performance management.
- Recommend and maintain a system of policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over Finance Department activities.
- Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the hotel health and safety program.
- Adhere to all environmental policies and programs as required.
- Any other job duties and responsibilities may assign by the Management that may be required from time to time.
E-mail us your resume and your latest passport sized photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org.